Never lose track of your assets again with our modern asset tags. Our programmable QR codes allow you to generate unique tags for each asset, making asset management a breeze.
Lowest implementation cost. Secure scanning, regardless of the device. Works on Android, iOS, or any other operational system. No excuses to keep a clean, up-to-date asset database with Shelf.
Log, track, and manage all of your physical assets in one place. Effortlessly manage your assets by simply scanning and updating relevant information and parameters.
Keep tabs on all your assets with our location tracking feature. You'll always know the last known location of every asset, helping you stay on top of your inventory management.
Asset tags are labels that identify your equipment using a unique serial number linked to a barcode or QR code. They are made of various materials that can (sometimes) withstand harsh environments and have an adhesive backing that sticks to any surface. Asset tags do not need to be boring, they can be customized with different designs, such as your company logo, color border, and more.
In this guide you will learn:
- What are the benefits of using asset tags
- How to use assets tags effectively
- Where to buy high-quality and affordable asset tags
What are the benefits of using asset tags
Asset tags are not just stickers that you put on your equipment. They are powerful tools that can help you:
- Track your equipment as it moves from one location to another. You can use a QR scanner or a mobile app to scan the asset tags and update their location on each scan. This way, you can always know where your assets last were and who was using them.
- Manage equipment, inventory and comply with regulations. You can use asset tags to record important information about your assets, such as their purchase date, warranty status, maintenance history, and more. This way, you can easily manage your inventory and ensure compliance with various rules and standards.
- Prevent theft and loss of your valuable assets. You can use asset tags to deter thieves and unauthorized users from taking or using your assets. Asset tags clearly mark your assets as your property and make it easier to recover them if they are lost or stolen.
- Maintain and repair your equipment. You can use asset tags to link your assets to a database of instructions or schedules for maintenance and repair. This way, you can keep your equipment in good working order and avoid costly breakdowns or malfunctions.
How to use Asset Tags effectively
To use asset tags effectively, you need a system that can generate, print, scan, and store the asset information. At Shelf.nu, we offer an easy-to-use asset tracking solution that can do all these tasks for you.With our platform, you can:
- Create custom asset tags using our online tool. You can use the output to pick from different materials, sizes, colors, and designs for printing your asset tags. You then modify the codes by adding your own logo or image and add any text you want.
- Print your asset tags on your own label printer. You don’t need to order pre-printed labels from us or anyone else. You can print as many asset tags as you need on demand using your own label printer. Print your asset tags on your own home/office printer. You just need to buy sticker paper in A4 format and print them yourself.
- Apply your asset tags to your equipment. You don’t need any special tools or skills to apply your asset tags. Just peel off the backing and stick them to any surface.
- Scan your asset tags using our tool (or any QR reader tool). You don’t need a separate code scanner or device to scan your asset tags. You can use our mobile app on your smartphone or tablet to scan the asset tags and update their information in real-time.
- Store and update your asset information on our cloud-based platform. You don’t need to install any software or hardware to store and update your asset information. You can access our cloud-based platform from any device with an internet connection and view or edit your asset information anytime, anywhere.
Where to buy High-Quality and Affordable Asset Tags
If you are looking for high-quality and affordable asset tags, Shelf.nu is the perfect place for you. We offer a wide selection of asset tags that suit any budget and application. At Shelf.nu, you can enjoy:
- Free shipping on all orders
- No minimum order quantities
- No setup fees
- No hidden charges
Our Sticker Studio Team is ready to take your requests and make your tag dreams a reality!
QR Code for Asset Tagging: A Smart and Modern Solution for Your Business
QR codes are a type of barcode that can store more information than traditional barcodes. They can be scanned with any smartphone or tablet, making them ideal for asset tagging.
QR codes are a better choice than barcodes for asset labeling and management for several reasons.
First, QR codes can store more data than barcodes, up to 2500 numerical characters1, which allows them to encode various information about an asset, such as its location, maintenance history, and lifecycle1.
Second, QR codes can be read by smartphones and mobile computers, which eliminates the need for bulky and expensive barcode scanners12.
Third, QR codes are more durable and resilient than barcodes, which can be easily damaged or worn out by environmental factors34. QR codes can also be read even when partially damaged or distorted1.
Therefore, QR codes offer more advantages than barcodes for asset tracking in terms of data capacity, readability, and reliability.
QR Code Gives the maximum device coverage for asset tag scanning
Having the maximum device coverage for asset tags is important because it enables efficient and accurate asset tracking and management.
Device coverage refers to the ability of different devices, such as smartphones, tablets, or barcode scanners, to read and scan the asset tags and access the relevant information about the assets.
The more devices that can interact with the asset tags, the more convenient and flexible the asset tracking system becomes. For example, employees can use their own smartphones to scan the asset tags and check out or check in the assets, without needing to use dedicated scanners or terminals.
This can save time and money, as well as improve accountability and security. Moreover, having maximum device coverage for asset tags can increase the value of the asset tracking system by providing more data and insights about the assets’ usage, location, performance, and maintenance.
This can help optimize the asset lifecycle, reduce costs, and enhance productivity. Therefore, having maximum device coverage for asset tags is a key factor for successful asset labeling and management.
Asset tags are an essential tool for any business that wants to track, manage, and protect its valuable assets. By using asset tags, you can save time, money, and hassle in managing your inventory, complying with regulations, preventing theft and loss, and maintaining and repairing your equipment.
At Shelf.nu, we offer an easy-to-use asset tracking solution that allows you to create custom asset tags, print them on demand, scan them with our mobile app, and store and update their information on our cloud-based platform.
Don’t wait any longer. Visit us today and get started with our free trial!